It’s been two weeks since the last College Years post

So if you need a refresher, the links to all the posts in the series are above. In the last post, I told you about my interesting apartment search and Carol’s use and theft of Al’s toiletry items.

The summer between my sophomore and junior year of college was fairly uneventful. I worked as a waitress at a nearby restaurant and decided that I was really glad that I didn’t have to do that for a living. K and I were still together, though our relationship remained rocky.

I was really excited to start my junior year because I was finally moving into an apartment where I’d have my own bedroom. Thinking back on it now, I’m not sure why I was so excited to have my own room…C and I would stay up talking in each others rooms or in the hallway until the wee hours of the morning. Probably the most common trait that C and I share is our desire to talk. I loved those late night chats, where we’d find ourselves saying at least 10 times that we should go to bed, only to start another conversation about something else.

The first half of my junior year was pretty boring, except for that one night. The night that C turned 21. She was the first of us to turn 21, so we planned to go out to a bar where A and I could also go, being underage. It was a total dive. It had carpeted pillars, girls dressed as hootchies and guys looking to get laid (I’ll post pics of the sad bar when I write about my 21st birthday). The night we went there, it was “New Music” night, which meant it was like a mix between club music and Ska music. It was crazy music and attracted a very bizarre crowd. We decided to make the best of it by getting C good and drunk. I mean GOOD and DRUNK.

I wrote about the entire hilarious experience here, but the short version is that C ended up getting sick in the bathroom and A and I had to literally help her out of the bathroom, through the bar, and into the car. Her hair was all askew and she hung her head outside of the car the entire trip home, when it was something like 30 degrees outside. C begged us to let her sleep in my car, which we would not do, and then got sick on our porch, before finally passing out on a couch in our living room, where A volunteered to sleep with her to make sure she was okay.

A sounds like a better friend than me, huh?

In the end, C was okay, and she left us with memories to last a lifetime!

Right before the end of the semester, I managed to score an interview for an HR Intern position with ARAMARK, which was the company contracted to do the food service for the college. I interviewed with the HR Manager and found out just a couple days before Christmas break that I got the job. I was to start my new job right at the beginning of the next semester. I was super excited because not only was the position in the field I wanted to go in, but I also had a super cool boss (she was only a couple years older than me) and the job paid more than most of the student positions.

The first half of my junior year came and went in a flash. I was officially closer to graduation than I was to my first day of college.